Car insurance in Ontario can be expensive, but it doesn't have to be. With the right information, you can find the cheapest car insurance rates and save money. In this guide, we'll explore the top cars to insure in Ontario, why some cars are cheaper to insure than others, and how to get the best rates.
Whether you're a new driver or a seasoned pro, this guide will help you save money on your car insurance. Let's get started!
Cheapest Cars to Insure in Ontario 2023
How to Get the Best Car Insurance Rates in Ontario
Shop Around for Quotes
Bundle Your Policies
Increase Your Deductible
Maintain a Good Credit Score
- Pay your bills on time: Late payments can have a negative impact on your credit score. Set up automatic payments or reminders to ensure you pay your bills on time.
- Keep your credit utilization low: Your credit utilization is the amount of credit you're using compared to your credit limit. Keeping this ratio low can have a positive impact on your credit score.
- Monitor your credit report: Regularly checking your credit report can help you identify errors or fraudulent activity that could negatively impact your credit score.
- Use credit responsibly: Only apply for credit you need and can afford to repay. Maxing out your credit cards or taking on too much debt can harm your credit score.
- Build a long credit history: The length of your credit history is a factor in determining your credit score. Keeping old credit accounts open and in good standing can help improve your credit score over time.
Drive Safely and Responsibly
Take Advantage of Discounts
Why Car Insurance Rates Vary by Car Model
Cost of Repairs
- Airbags: These are designed to deploy in the event of a collision to cushion the impact and reduce the risk of injury.
- Anti-lock brakes: These prevent the wheels from locking up during hard braking, which can help the driver maintain control of the vehicle.
- Blind-spot monitoring: This system uses sensors to detect other vehicles in the driver's blind spots and alerts the driver to their presence.
- Lane departure warning: This system alerts the driver when the vehicle begins to drift out of its lane, helping to prevent accidents caused by driver inattention or fatigue.
- Rearview camera: This camera provides a view of what is behind the vehicle, making it easier for the driver to back up safely and avoid collisions.
- Adaptive cruise control: This system automatically adjusts the vehicle's speed to maintain a safe following distance from the vehicle in front.
Likelihood of Theft
- Installing an anti-theft device: This can include a steering wheel lock, alarm system, or vehicle tracking system that can help locate the vehicle in the event of theft.
- Parking in a secure location: Parking in a well-lit area or a garage can make it more difficult for thieves to steal a vehicle.
- Keeping valuables out of sight: Items such as laptops, cell phones, and GPS units can attract thieves and increase the likelihood of a break-in.
- Using common sense precautions: This includes things like locking doors, rolling up windows, and taking keys with you when leaving the vehicle.
Performance and Horsepower
Car insurance in Ontario can be expensive, but there are ways to save money. By choosing the right car, shopping around for quotes, and taking advantage of discounts, you can find the cheapest car insurance rates. Remember to drive safely and responsibly, maintain a good credit score, and consider telematics. With these tips, you can get the coverage you need at a price you can afford. Get a quote today and start saving!